John A. Burke, Treasurer
Since taking office in 1994, Treasurer John Burke has applied his business experience and education to government. He holds a Bachelor’s degree and MBA from Miami University of Ohio. Prior to becoming Treasurer, he was the Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer for A. I. Root Company and a Senior Consultant for Arthur Andersen and Company.
Treasurer Burke believes that it is important to obtain the best training available to bring new ideas to the office that benefit county residents. He has received biennial certification from the State Auditor and Treasurer and was named Ohio’s Public Fund Manager of the year.
A lifelong Medina County resident, John has been very active in the community as Boy Scout leader, Past Chairman of the Red Cross, Past Vice Chairman of United Way, Past Board Member of the Medina County Arts Council, Lecturer on Native American lore, and church organist.
John grew up in the City of Medina and moved to Medina Township where he lives with his wife, Lisa, and son Matthew. His family has lived in Medina County since 1823.
Medina High School 1971
Bachelor of Arts, Miami University 1975
Master of Business Administration, Miami University 1979
· Certification from the State of Ohio Auditor 1994 – present
· Certification from the State of Ohio Treasurer 1994 – present
· Finance Officer Certification from NACTFO 1999
· Professional Development Certification from IACREOT 2000
· Chancellor’s Certification in Public Administration Certification from IACREOT
and the University of Missouri 2002
· Financial Officer Certification from ICREAOT 2002
· Chancellor’s Comprehensive Public Administration Certification from IACREOT
and the University of Missouri 2004
· Chancellor’s Advanced Government Finance Executive Certification
from NACTFO and the University of Missouri 2007